The name of the winery comes from the estate that belongs to the Pidal family since 1850.
Carrascalejo is located between the towns of Bullas and Cehegín, at an altitude of 640 metres above sea-level.
The property covers an area of over 1000 hectares, divided between pine forests, scrubland and different crops, mostly dry-farming, such as cereal, almonds, and, of course, our vineyards.
The winery is located in the cellars of the house-palace, where our home-grown wines are being made since the 19th century. The wine was first produced for domestic consumption, and gradually for selling and marketing. It was back in 1959, when Luis Pidal Fernandez-Hontoria, 4th Marquis of Pidal, started to bottle and sell the wine.
Since then, the care of the vineyards and the careful winemaking with the traditional methods, together with the adoption of new technologies, have made our wines earn the trust and recognition of the most demanding markets, due to their high quality and personality.